Applications are now open for University of Lausanne Ph.D. studentships. Fully funded scholarships are available in Switzerland. Students who want to take admission in Ph.D. quantitative Biology can easily apply. UNIL Switzerland has brought a revolution in the faculty of Medicine & Biology with the QB program for Ph.D.
In addition, UNIL is providing a variety of research groups to hire Ph.D. applicants. “Quantitative Biology’ program is a crucial part of sciences. An extensive range of biology groups are covered; cell biology, metabolism, Genetics, Radiobiology, and others mentioned below. QB program Fully Funded studentship offers assistance from University faculty. Find more about University of Toronto Scholarships 2022- Fully Funded Merit-based scholarship.
Furthermore, UNIL collaborated with many research groups and host as head for the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics. Its affiliation with multiple groups offers golden opportunities to the candidates. It has opened ways for 120 countries. Basically, it is based at the lakeside of Geneva at Lausanne.
Further details regarding the Ph.D. studentship QB program is as follow;
University Of Lausanne PhD studentships Details
- Country: Switzerland
- Host University: University of Lausanne
- Program: Quantitative program
- Degree level: PhD
- Department: Dept of Medicine & Sciences
- Financial coverage: Fully funded
- Deadline: 15-10-2021
Covering Areas of Study
- Cell biology
- Single-cell genomics
- Tissue engineering
- Population genetics
- Plant science
- Computational biology
- Ancient DNA
- Stem cell biology
- And Biomaterials
There are two kinds of Ph.D. work that will be offered by the supervisor depending on the funds available. The estimated date to start this job is 01-03-2022.
- The first contract will be valid for a year but the renewal option is available for 5 years. Doctoral assistance will be provided at an activity rate of 85%.
- The second type of Ph.D. job is also for the first year, however, renewal is available for 4 years. It requires an activity rate of 100% on external funds.
- Contracts will be given by the UNIL faculty or CHUV university hospital.
QB Ph.D. program Benefits
Following benefits, an applicant can get along this job and studentship at the University of Lausanne.
- Develop research project
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully funded
- Funding for international conferences
- Golden opportunity for professional training
- Achievement of Highly transferable skills
- Activities; symposia, student life, and retreats
Also, check out German Exchange Program 2021 – SDG Fellowship – Fully Funded
Applicants must arrange these documents before applying for this doctoral program. The first form is Here.
- Personal details
- Cover letter
- Master’s thesis summary
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and contact details of referees (2-3)
- All these should be in PDF format
There is a second form that accesses the skills and abilities of applicants with the help of few questions written below;
- What is your most meaningful research experience to date and why? (up to 4000 characters, i.e. approximately 850 words)
- Why would you like to pursue a Ph.D., and why specifically at the UNIL Quantitative Biology Ph.D. program? (up to 1500 characters, i.e. approximately 320 words)
- What accomplishment–academic or not–to date are you proudest of and why? Approx. 320 words and up to 1500 characters
- Which recruiting labs are you the most interested in and why? 320 words and up to 1500 characters
The link to the second form is Here along with the question.
Applicants who want to pursue this studentship program must have a brilliant background in Medicine. Applicants must be passionate enough to conduct researches in different labs. Applicant must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field. Three types of Ph.D. students will be given preference as explained below;
- Students ready to work in the dry computational lab with a life science degree. He/ she must be ready to experiment on computational skills.
- Students are interested to work in an experimental lab with a life science degree. Must be passionate to learn the fundamentals of computational biology.
- Non-biological background, passionate to transition to life science
- Written and spoken English proficiency
Visit if you are interested in Hurford Youth Leadership Program 2022 In USA – Fully Funded.
How to Apply?
Applicants are directed to apply through the forms given above with all the required details and documents. Online interviews will take place on 17 & 18 November 2021. Lab visit and interviews will be on 8-9 December at Lausanne.
To apply please visit the official Notice below.